EFD-22.jpg

ENGINE 2

Elmont Engine & Hose Company (702)

LOCATED: 36 Plainfield Avenue

"No Guts No Glory"

HISTORY

We were incorporated Oct 16, 1913, and joined Elmont Fire District/Department 1928. We are currently in our 103rd year of firefighting.

Currently have 25 active members,32 non-active corporation members

Original firehouse was at 150 Plainfield Avenue. Moved to 36 Plainfield Ave after fire destroyed old firehouse in 1945.

We have the honor to have Honorary Chief William Quackenbush celebrating his 56th year of active service. Bill still responds to the firehouse when we have an emergency call; gets dressed into his gear and then takes his spot on the Engine. Congratulations and many more years to come!

In August 2003 we lost our brother James (Scotty) Devlin who succumbed to cancer. Scotty (Old DB) gave it his best. An active member for 30 years, coordinator of Fund Drive for Engine 2, and an all around great friend. He always wore his sweats, which gave us a laugh. He never gave up fighting to the end. He will be missed.

Engine 2 responds to approximately 800 alarms per year

Trucks from 1913 to present:

Seagrave 1913 to 1945

Seagrave 1945 to 1950's

"B" model Mack 1950's to 1972

"C" model Mack 1972 to 1990

Spartan Saulsbury 1990 to 2000

Spartan Saulsbury 2000 to2011

Ferrara Pumper    2011 to Present

Trucks from 1913 to present:

RemoteMediaFile_6553674_0_2021_10_31_11_35_18.jpg

OVERVIEW

1922

FOUNDED

FIRE

TYPE

IN-SERVICE

STATUS

ENGINE

SPECIALIZATION

2010 FERRARA FIRE APPARATUS - PUMPERS

COMPANY GALLERY